Industry Spotlight - April 2016
Granutech Saturn Systems
NEW! Saturn® G-4X refiner mill design for crumb rubber delivers higher processing, finer powder and savings in lubricant and energy consumption
The Saturn® G-4X, is a next generation product to the company's popular G-4 refiner mill for processing tires crumb rubber, but features a completely unique sealed roller bearing design, that provides significant benefits over the industry's traditional bushing design mills.
The sealed design enables the G4X mill the ability to hold the rolls at much closer tolerances (up to 400% better than traditional bushing designs), which translates to exceptionally clean finer usable powder and higher production capacity of asphalt quality crumb rubber at 3 tons per hour.
Saturn® G-4X's sealed bearing design also virtually eliminates the need for continuous lubricant application that is typical of traditional mills, with initial customers citing savings of $25,000 per month. Retrofit upgrades for legacy Saturn® G-4 models are available to existing customers.
Key benefits include:
- FINER POWDER -10 mesh down to 80 mesh
- HIGHER CAPACITY and 25% greater throughput -3 tons per hour - plus, more efficient and reliable operation than traditional bushing design mill
- 400% TIGHTER TOLERANCES - (gap/nip clearance) than traditional bushing design mills for finer granulate powder
- VIRTUALLY GREASE FREE OPERATION - Sealed bearing design eliminates need for continuous greasing - No grease pump or barrels of grease required - savings average $100,000 per year due to lessened grease application, over traditional bushing design competitive mill designs
- ENERGY SAVINGS -- Reduced bearing temperature = reduced cooling- translates to energy savings in reduced need for cooling
For more details, please contact Granutech-Saturn Systems: 866-541-0035 or visit us online at http://www.granutech.com/saturn-g4-industrial-refiner-mill.html