Industry Spotlight - November 2014
SSI Shredding Systems, Inc.
SSI Shredding Systems Announces "SR900" Tire Wire Separation Machine
Since 1980 SSI Shredding Systems has offered a wide range of shredding solutions to reduce whole tires down to "chips". SSI produces machines capable of shredding anything from the largest mining tires down to the smallest bicycle tires at throughput rates ranging from 1 to 30+ tons per hour.
Over the past several years SSI customers have been asking for a heavy duty, reliable, easy to service grinder that can accept the "chips" we normally make with our shredders and further process them to the point where the steel can be extracted from the rubber.
Today, we are pleased to announce our newest processor, the SR900. Operating around 100RPMs, the SR900 machine is available in 300hp or 400hp configurations, and it includes many of the proven features customers have come to appreciate about our other products, as well as a few more designed to make life as a tire processor better than ever!
SSI SR900 KEY FEATURES:
- "Tool less" access to the consumable parts; no tools are required to access the machine for inspection.
- Common cutting tools. Main rotor and anvil wear parts are the same reversible, rebuildable, reuseable cutters.
- Direct Drive system with SSI's Patented SSP Severe Shockload Protection system included.
- Replaceable internal wear-resistant armor on all wear surfaces ensures years of life for the grinder frame.
- Reversible, easy to change screens with maxiumim surface area to allow high capacity processing.
- Outboard, isolated rotor bearings ensure maxiumim equipment life and up-time.
Depending on the horsepower and screen size selected (12mm to 30mm is typical in tire applications), throughput rates ranging from 6 to 10+ tons per hour are possible. The SR900 is built to last and built to perform. Contact SSI Shredding Systems to learn more about this exciting new machine.